Simia is run on MediaWiki with the Semantic MediaWiki and Blog2RSS extension enabled. I plan to describe here more details of the technology and what it allows to do, and how it can be used on your own webspace, but for now I just point to a number of nice pages to demonstrate some of the possibilities:
- A timeline view of all posts that have been published on the Nodix blog
- A timeline view of all comments to the blogs here
- A list of all blog posts -- alphabetically
- A list of a few feeds created on this page -- creating new feeds is easy
- An example of a page with a number of comments
In good web tradition you can view the source of any page (and I don't mean the HTML source, which your browser allows you to view anyway, I mean the wiki source of the page): just go to the bottom of the page and click on the view source link.
The technology used previously on Nodix is described on Nodix technology.